Welcome to Urbana 1st!
Sunday mornings have a lot to offer. There is no dress code, so don’t worry about wearing your Sunday best to church—unless you want to!
- The 8:oo am Casual Worship Service is available.
- 9:00 am Sunday School: Classes for all ages are available. Learn new things, grow spiritually…there’s a class just right for you.
- 10:oo am—Boost your spirits with friendly Conversation and Refreshments.
Start your week of great…Come to the 10:30 am Worship Service (Nursery care is available.):
- Brighten your morning with the musical talents of the Chancel Choir and Hand-Bell Choir. Directed by Caleb Lee, with accompanist, Matthew Gladden, the musical experience during worship is always a delight.
- After the “Children’s Message” part of the service, Pre-K through 2nd Graders are invited to Children’s Church – a program geared to help children learn more about the Bible and the love of Jesus.
Here are other things the worship service offers:
Experience a traditional, inspiring, and uplifting worship. You can follow the order of service in the bulletin or ask someone who seated near you if it is not clear to you.
Celebrate Christ through Prayer, Sharing, Scripture, Hymns, Choir, Communion, Offering, and Sermon.
- Sharing Prayer Concerns and Joys reminds us of our responsibility and accountability for one another. Through prayer, you will get spiritual support and encouragement.
- Holy Communion is part of our worship during the first Sunday of the month. Communion is open to those who want Christ in their life. You are invited to join others who confess sins, receive forgiveness, and indicate an intention to lead a new life.
- Offering is an opportunity to share in support for the ministries of the church, which allows it to reach beyond our church walls.
- The Chancel Choir and Hand-Bell Choir are some of the many ways individuals share their talents and gifts to enhance the spiritual worship service, the church, and connections. You are encouraged to join this, or any group that allows you to make a difference in your experience as part of this church.
- Children are always welcome in our worship service. We have nursery care available during the 10:30 am service. Ask any usher for directions to these special activity areas.
- Large Print Hymnals are available for use. They can be found on the table in area just outside the sanctuary.